Administrative Department : Youth Advancement, Tourism and Culture
Website : http://aptdc.in/
APTDC at a Glance
- APTDC is vested with the task of developing Tourism Infrastructure and facilities in the State.
- In 1976 Andhra Pradesh Travel & Tourism Development Corporation was set up as a subsidiary to APSRTC.
- In 1980 APTTDC became an independent public sector corporation.
- In 1998 The financial structure of the Corporation was changed and a new dynamism brought about.
- In 2000 The Corporation was rechristened as Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation.
- APTDC was started with an initial Authorized Share Capital of Rs. 1,00,00,000.00 and Paid up capital of Rs.10,00,000.00.
During the year 1976 it was established as an organization under TRAVEL & TOURISM CORPORATION [ANDHRA PRADESH] PRIVATE LIMITED on 18th February 1976 with the objective to start, operate and promote establishments , undertakings , enterprises and activities of any description whatsoever , which in operation of the Company are likely to facilitate or accelerate the development of travel and tourist coach services and to promote co-ordination in development of travel and tourism services and tourism in general in order to secure ,optimum utilization of resources in them.
It was Started with the following resources:
- 9 Mini Coaches taken from APSRTC on Transfer basis to run the vehicles for Local City sight seeing , Package tours.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh transferred the following Guest houses from Tourism , Information & Public Relations Department to the control of APTTDC:
- Sagar Mahal Guest House , Osmansagar , Gandipet
- Warangal Mantralayam Simhachalam Airport Restaurant
- Vijayavihar Complex, Nagarjunasagar
- Right Bank Cottages
- Pylon Cottages
- Project House, Hill Colony
- Launch Unit -Nagarjunasagar
- Hill View Guest House, Tirupathi
- Governor’s Bunglow, Horsely Hills
Tourism Information Counters – Hyderabad Railway Station , Secunderabad Railway Station & Begumpet Airport to give information as well as to promote our facilities / properties / amenities.
During the period 1976 – 1980, the Corporation functioned with help of above infrastructure and transferred properties from above said Departments and started operations and generated revenues
|Sri Sandeep Kumar Sultania,IAS